The first proper school building in Colborne was a red frame building "south of market square." It was built around 1821.
In 1858 the school moved into a new building on the southwest corner of Kensington and King streets (where the current Legion is located). This building served as both the elementary school and the high school until 1922 when a new high school was built on Toronto Street. Elementary classes continued to be held in this building until 1956 when the new public school was built on Alfred Street (our current location).
The old Colborne "continuation school" burned down in 1975.
This school on Alfred Street opened in 1957. In 1961, an addition was added to the building along with a kindergarten classroom and a gym. In 1968, a new library and 4 more classrooms were added.
In 2016, all of our classrooms were refreshed with new fixtures, ceilings, paint, furniture, flooring, etc.
In 2018, our library will be refreshed.
The local public library has some wonderful old pictures of Colborne Public School through the years.